Tuesday 20 January 2015

Me

I feel as though I should probably introduce myself a little. I am a 27 year old mother of four. I am currently fortunate enough to be a stay at home mum with my son while his three older sisters are at school. My husband works at a university teaching medical students. At the end of August my husband (Sam), my children, our teddy bear dog and I made the move from the Midlands down south to the beautiful Devonshire county. I was extremely nervous that I would feel isolated living in a small village with very few iminities on my doorstep. I have been pleasantly surprised and have managed to get to toddler groups and shops with the use of the car or train.

This has been a fantastic move for the dog! She enjoys visiting the beach and the gorgeous countryside that is on offer in the surrounding area. We have all benefited from being able to do more outdoor walks. It is such a brilliant way to wear out the kids and dog! We normally take a flask of tea out with us and a picnic to keep costs to a minimum. 




I had the most horrible experience last week when driving back from dropping the kids off at school. A young deer ran out in front of the car. It was heartbreaking and a real shake up experience. The narrow country lanes don't allow for swerving out of the way of animals that decide to run out in front of moving vehicles. So the poor little fawn died while I stood in shock on the phone to my Sam shocked and crying as I had no idea what to do. Apparently this isn't a rare occurrence. I won't be travelling down that particular road for as long as I can avoid it! The car was slightly damaged but looking back it could have been a whole lot worse had it been an adult deer. 

As you can see from my blog name I am also a keen crocheter. My friend and I have a facebook page where we sell items that we make. I love making up individual custom made items. I am hoping that when the spring arrives I will be able to take trips to the beach and do some crocheting while my 2 year old son plays in the sand. That's the plan anyway! 







No comments:

Post a Comment